New Year

As the end of 2011 quickly approaches I can't help but look back on the year. A lot of not so good things have happened this year, and sadly that's all I can seem to focus on. I think it's just human nature to over look all the good and only see the bad negative stuff. While there were a lot of bad things there were also good things. So I want to use this post to look back and share some good things from 2011.

Early in the year my brother had to go through heart surgery. It was a pretty scary time for the family. His health hasn't been the greatest ever since he was born. So the thought of him being put under to have a surgery done was scary. And not just any surgery, but dealing with his heart. It was a weird kind of day, and I prayed a lot that day that everything would go well. I remember I wanted to have that day off from work so bad, and I couldn't get it. Luckily I was able to leave early that day, and got to the hospital and waited with everyone else. I remember when a nurse came out to update the family she found out I was his sister, and told me that he was asking for me. That made me feel so good. Finally after about 6 hours surgery was done, and we were able to see him. I remember when we found out he was ok and everything went great I cried.. happy tears of course. As scared and nervous as I was it I couldn't help but cry when I heard he was ok.

Now on to something lighter. April. I started making YouTube videos. This was something I had thought about for awhile. There were a few girls that I would watch, and they made me want to do it too. They just made it look like so much fun. So finally one day in April I decided I'm gonna do it. I was pretty nervous. I know the internet world can be pretty harsh and judge mental. I am a bigger girl and I expected to get a lot of really rude comments about my weight, and I have received a few and it's made me think maybe I don't want to do videos anymore. But then I think I don't care what a few people think. I really do love making videos, and it's help me in my real life too. I'm pretty shy and somehow making videos has helped me come out of my shell a little bit and explore a side of me I always knew was there, but never wanted to let out. Also I want to say thank you to anyone who has watched my videos and the ones who have left sweet messages and comments. Thank You!

This summer was amazing! I had what I like to call the best job ever. I was basically babysitting and at my age that can be pretty embarrassing. I loved every minute of it though...well ok not EVERY minute. I loved that I got to spend so much time with my friend kids who I adore and love just like they were my own. I loved spending so much time outside, and taking them to parks. I think my favorite day was when I took them to the lake. Now I was nervous about this..just me and 3 kids? Oh boy! These kids were sometimes hard to handle which is where the nervousness came from. To my surprise, though, they were awesome that day! I learned a few things that day.. about bugs. The oldest who is 9 loves bugs, and loves learning about them. But what 9 year old boy doesn't? He would see a bug or butterfly and tell me something about it that I didn't know. He's a smart boy. There is a trail that goes around that you can walk, which is what we did. It was a blast! I was nervous for no reason, because they were so awesome that day and very well behaved. By far my favorite day.

Fall quickly approached and I was no longer babysitting. It was time to move on and get a a different job. I had to go through a couple bad ones to get to the good one I'm at now, but it's ok it all worked out. I was so excited when I finally got called from the job I had been waiting on since April (the one i'm currently at). I felt like I was never going to hear from them, but one day I got a call that had an opening..FINALLY!
\
Winter..it hasn't been winter for very long but so far I guess it's going alright. And I guess this brings me to where we are right now.

I really am looking forward to the new year, and hopefully it will be a better one. I am excited to see what's to come, and honestly a little nervous. I'm sure it will be great though. I hope you all had an amazing 2011 and I hope you have an even more amazing 2012!! Be safe and have a Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment