Where Have I Been?

Wow! What a last couple of months it's been. I'm not sure where I even begin. First of all I want to apologize for not posting anything in awhile. I really wanted to keep up on this blog and post regularly, but life happens. Unfortunately I don't really have anything good to post about that's been going on in my life.

Let's start with the least upsetting thing. My computer decided about a month ago that it's had enough...and it was time to stop working. I was having some problems with it for a couple weeks, but didn't think it was anything to serious since I was still able to get it to work after messing with it for a few minutes, but one day when I went to turn it on...there was nothing. I messed with for about an hour before I finally gave up. A couple days later I decided to take it in to get checked out, and find out what was wrong. The guy basically told me it would be better for me to just buy a new computer, because the costs to fix mine just wasn't worth it. This upset me...as I am VERY poor right now haha. So I went a couple days with no computer.. AHHH!! After those horrible couple of days my dad offered to lend me his until I'm able to buy a new one. So that's what I've been doing the last couple weeks. Hopefully I can gather up some money to buy a new one soon!!

Now onto more serious sad things. A couple of months ago my boyfriends dad passed away. This is the biggest reason for me being away. He was pretty close to his dad, and obviously he's been taking this pretty hard. It was something that was expected, but at the same time not expected. It was and still is a very sad time for him. I've tried being there for him the best way I know, but it still doesn't feel like I'm doing enough for him. What do you say to someone who has lost a parent? I don't think there are any words that he hasn't heard already or would take his pain away. For the last month him and his sister have been cleaning out his dads place and I've been helping also. This process is taking longer than anyone expected it would.

There is also a family friend who is in her late 80's. She is absolutely one of the sweetest people you could ever meet and have the pleasure of knowing. We've all known for a couple months that her health wasn't the best. She went from living alone to going to a nursing home. Things have seemed alright for the last month..considering her health. This past Saturday she had a pretty high fever and they thought she wouldn't make it through the weekend. Luckily they got the fever to go down and she is still here with us. They informed everyone, though, that she probably only has another week or two to live. This, of course, has been an extremely hard thing to take. She is in good spirits though and she knows it's almost her time..and she's okay with it. Even though they have prepared all of us that her end is coming soon I know that won't make the day any easier. It's going to be an extremely sad day...and I'm not ready for it at all.

Finally...my job. I more or less lost it. They feel I have too much going on in my personal life right now and it's interfering with work. They're right. I do have a lot going on. Not just the things I talked about here, but there are other issues as well. This has been an insanely bad year.

I hope you all are having a great summer and I hope to be back to posting regularly soon!!!

xoxo
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment